Mebane on the Move is pleased to announce the 2nd annual Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Mini Grant Program – this allows community members to help us reach our goals more effectively! Mini grants support our mission to strengthen Mebane by increasing the availability of healthy food and opportunities to be physically active.
Grant Application Process
Multiple grants may be awarded. The Grant Advisory Committee will consider requests up to $2,500. If your proposed program or project exceeds this amount, please contact us prior to submission at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your program details.
Key dates for the 2015 cycle:
- Letter of Intent Due: January 31
- Notification of selection to submit: February 5
- Application Due: February 28
- Grant recipients announced: March 14
- Meeting with Grant Advisory Committee: April 1
- Quarterly Reports Due: June 15, Sep 15, Dec 15
- Final Report Due: April 1 (approximately one year after meetings with committee)
Do you plan to apply?
Read all instructions in our Guideline Document before submitting a letter of intent. Applicants who are invited to submit a full proposal will be asked to complete this application. Please do not submit this application unless you are invited to do so.
Still have questions (after reading the guideline document above)?
Please email us at email@example.com.
Would you like to help us spread the word?
Congratulations to the awardees for 2015
- Joys of Swimming. Provide water safety education program through local elementary schools
- New Millennium Aquatics. Purchase of equipment to increase participation on swim team.
Congratulations to the awardees for 2014
- EM Yoder Elementary School for the installation of a basketball hoop.
- Special Olympics of Alamance County to support expansions of their “Buffaloe Bowlers” program.
- Hawfields Child Development Center to support a school garden and healthy eating curriculum.
- Hawfields Middle School to support the purchase of fitness bands for use in the PE classes.